The Frederick Kettner Scholarship
Deadline: email email@example.com for deadline information
The Frederick Kettner Scholarship (available in amounts up to $10,000 for a one-year period). Any doctoral student in good academic standing at their institution is eligible to apply. Preference will be given to those students who are in the last stages of dissertation work, and expect to complete their degree within one year of the date that the scholarship is awarded. Postdoctoral projects will also be considered. Awards may be granted to students who are in good standing at an accredited U.S. academic institution that grants doctoral degrees.
Typically requests for proposals are posted early in January with funding decisions made by spring. Doctoral students in their last phases of dissertation work are encouraged to apply for scholarly work that addresses one or more of the following topics:
- Character education
- Peace Education
- The synthesis of science and religion
- Overcoming religious, national, racial or social prejudices.
- Working toward democracy and world peace.
- The philosophy of Spinoza, or other philosophers who are concerned with ethics
- Spiritual development or inner peace
- Historical analyses of topics related to peace
Application process for Frederick Kettner Scholarship
a. A one page cover letter which should include:
- Name and address of the applicant including phone and email
- Name and address of the academic institution
- Title of the dissertation
- Approximate completion date of the dissertation
b. A one page abstract of the dissertation
c. Answer in no longer than one page:
- How will the dissertation promote one or more of the topics listed above?
d. Two letters of references
Applicants should submit electronic files by email to the following address. Include Frederick Kettner Scholarship in the subject heading.