Ron Matsko-Ensel Scholarship
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Typically requests for proposals are posted in January with funding decisions made by summer. To honor its namesake, teachers (pre-K through 12) are encouraged to apply for scholarships up to $2500 to develop curriculum or initiate programs addressing one or more of the following:
- Peace and/or character education
- Studies of ethics, ethical behavior, or the application of ethics
- Theories of cooperation, e.g. friendship, pro-social behavior, forgiveness
- Spiritual development or mindfulness education, addressing awareness and practices of inner peace
What to include in the application
a. Cover letter
- Name and address of the applicant including phone and email
- Name and address of the sponsoring institution
- Title of the proposed project
- A brief summary of the proposed project
The proposal, including project budget, must be no longer than four pages. References can be added in a separate document. Proposals should be written in a clear and concise manner for a general academic audience. The body of the proposal must contain the following sections:
- Description of the project that addresses the significance and potential impact
- Target age group
- Implementation plans and timeline
- Project budget
c. Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
Applicants should submit a current CV with their applications.
References and support for this project can be included in a separate document from the body of the proposal and should be clearly labeled.
Applicants should submit electronic files by email to the following address. Include Ron Matsko-Ensel Scholarship in the subject heading.